Our Suzani Cushions are available in many different designs and colours, making them ideal to mix and match together for a fun eclectic look. With eye popping multi-coloured embroidery which demands attention they are a must have for any bohemian home.
Each Suzani Cushion is hand embroidered on the front in vivid colours. Together with designs which feature either the sun, moon, flowers, leaves and vines. Coupled with a contrasting background colour while the reverse side is plain.
In fact, the story of each Suzani is as rich as their colours and intricate as the designs that cover their surfaces. A Suzani is a large hand embroidered textile panel, the word comes from the Persian word suzan which means needle. It originated hundreds of years ago in Central Asia, made by brides and their mothers as part of a dowry and presented to the groom on the Wedding Day. Thus they represented the binding together of two families and were adorned with symbols of luck, health, long life and fertility. Every Suzani Cushion is a hand crafted one of a kind piece to treasure, because of this they make a special gift idea.
- USES: A perfect size to use as a scatter cushion in the living room, sofa, armchair or day bed. Mix and match different colours of our Suzani Cushions together for a stylish eclectic look.
- MATERIAL: 100% Cotton. Heavy hand embroidery on front with wool threads. Finished with a playful multicoloured pom pom trim. Invisible zipper on reverse. Each cushion is hand stitched so minor variations and imperfections are expected, but this just adds to the charm.
- CARE: Spot clean only. Do not wash, tumble dry, bleach or iron. Do not dry clean.
- SIZE: Cushion Cover is 40cm x 40cm | Cushion Insert is 45cm x 45cm for a fuller looking cushion.
- Please select Cushion Cover only or with Cushion Insert. The Suzani Cushion insert is made with Polypropylene cover and Polyester fill.